Manager, Financial Reporting
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available within the Budget & Financial Reporting Department for a Manager, Financial Reporting. Under the direction of the Director, Budget & Financial Reporting, the Manager, Financial Reporting is responsible for providing leadership in regards to financial statement preparation, reporting and analysis, year end and audit as well as overseeing accounts payable, inventory, and capital asset management. Implementation of and compliance with Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards and other legislative standards is crucial. The Manager, Financial Reporting is also responsible for all aspects of staff management for direct reports. In addition to a high level of interpersonal skill and diplomacy, this position requires the ability to understand client needs, develop financial system solutions and explain financial terms and processes to non-financial clients.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or an Accounting Diploma from a recognized institute of technology or college, with a Chartered Professional Accounting designation.
- Five years’ experience in a progressively senior level related position is required. Experience in a public sector organization is preferred.
- Experience with the direct supervision of staff is required.
- Experience in the areas of Public Sector Accounting Standards, the Municipal Government Act, financial reporting and forecasting processes and techniques.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office (expert knowledge of Excel is required) and the ability to quickly learn financial software.
- Strong technical skills to evaluate, investigate and interpret information related to financial reports and forecasts.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Competition Number: 18-23
Rate of Pay: $100,640 - $125,800 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, February 23, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.