Maclab Properties Group is currently seeking a Corporate Accountant for our Finance Team operating out of the Head Office in downtown Edmonton. This position is focused on financial accounting. You will primarily be responsible for assisting in providing management and ownership with accurate and timely cash flows and financial reporting information.
The duties include but are not limited to: preparation of financial statements and supporting notes, preparation of regular cash flow reports with budget to variance analysis and forecasts and assistance in preparation of pro-forma corporate income tax analysis and ad-hoc special projects.
This position will be reporting to the Director, Tax and Accounting.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly financial statement reporting, including reconciliation;
- Prepare accounting journal entries, financial statements and note disclosures as required;
- Preparation of corporate income tax returns and supporting working papers for various corporate entities as assigned;
- Prepare quarterly cash flow reports with comparison to budget, variance analysis, and forecast updates;
- Prepare all Goods and Services Tax filings and file on a timely basis as required;
- Reconciliations broker statements and record appropriate journal entries for investment transactions;
- Prepare pro-forma calculations as assigned;
- Create and maintain dashboards for financial metrics;
- Assist in supporting external auditor requests;
- Create and maintain computer and paper working paper files;
- Cover in the absence of other members in the department;
- Prepare reports required by Statistics Canada.
- Assistance in special projects on ad-hoc basis
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES and SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge of ASPE and financial disclosure requirements.
- Basic knowledge of corporate, commodity and personal income tax compliance requirements
- Computer literacy; including advanced use of word processing and spreadsheet software capabilities; above-average knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, shareholders, and members of the general public in being a proactive team member.
- Attention to detail, ability to juggle priorities in order to meet deadlines, and critical thinking.
- Experience with Caseware is a desirable asset
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
A Post-secondary Diploma or Degree, a CPA (CA, CMA, CGA), or other recognized designation, along with 2-5 years of related accounting experience is required. Industry experience in a property management or real estate environment is an asset. If you want to be part of a well-established company with opportunities for growth we are the choice for you. We offer a great work culture, with a team driven mind-set, ethical and fair management and a competitive compensation plans and perks.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com