Roughrider International is highly respected in their industry, with a strong history and reputation for building relationships and exceeding the expectations of their clients. With a commitment to maintaining the highest level of professionalism and ethics, Roughrider attracts a team of employees who demonstrate passion and commitment in everything they do. The role of Assistant Controller is a leadership position in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to enact change and provide input in a variety of areas including strategic planning, process improvement, financial reporting, and mergers and acquisitions.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
* Manage the accounting department by understanding and directing all accounting functions, assessing accounting and internal controls and supervising departmental staff
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management to identify their needs and develop innovative solutions
* Support and communicate effectively with operational staff to understand the business and modify or streamline accounting processes as required
* Identify, track and comply with a variety of reporting deadlines
* Oversee the budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management processes
* Coordinate and assist with the preparation of all quarterly and annual financial reporting as well as internal reporting on a monthly and ad hoc basis
* Research and advise on a variety of accounting and taxation matters
* Continuously evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives including the measurement and design of relevant key performance indicators for the business
* Communicate and coordinate with the external accountants
Your strengths and qualifications include:
* An accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA)
* Several years of senior level financial experience
* Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Proficiency with different accounting software systems and technology in general
* The desire and ability to manage change in a professional environment
* Sound judgment and the ability to manage yourself and others with a sense of urgency and accountability
This is a permanent full-time position is located in Calgary, Alberta. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Please submit your resume and transcripts via e-mail attn to Rekha Tulsani at: Rekha@degravespallard.com. Those who apply via this preferred method will only be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted. Deadline for submissions is May 31, 2018.