Senior Accountant, Accounting & Assurance
Collins Barrow Edmonton is looking for dynamic Senior Accountants to work in our Audit and Assurance teams. These teams work with companies in various industries by developing strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their business’ opportunities and challenges. Team members work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Effectively and independently, complete and supervise field assignments – primarily audits and reviews.
- Deliver completed files for review on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with clients, co-workers and all levels of staff and management.
- Direct fieldwork daily, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage staff performance.
- Develop strong technical audit, accounting and tax skills.
A successful candidate will have:
- 3 – 5 years of progressive audit experience within a public accounting firm
- Experience managing and developing junior staff.
- CPA accounting designation or working towards the same.
- A flair for working with clients and providing impeccable and attentive service.
- Performing substantive tests and tests of internal controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Drafting financial statements under prescribed formats
- A positive attitude and desire to excel and grow professionally.
- Ability to travel as required.
Applicants are asked to email their cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for the time and effort involved in preparing their application, however, we will only contact those individuals selected for interview.