Our Team Members are working for our company because we attract the best and the brightest. We view the wellbeing of our employees to be one of our highest priorities and offer an array of perks and benefits designed to meet their needs.
But don't just take our word for it. Here's what one of our employees have to say:
"A proud member of the Midwest Property Management team for 14 plus years now and the one thing that remains the same is Midwest's commitment to their tenants, as well as their employees. Room for growth within the company, employee perks with social events. In this day and age being just a number in a corporation is common place, however here we have a name and are a part of something special." Dwayne, Maintenance Manager
If you want to be part of something bigger part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
This is work of an accounting and administrative nature. An incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for performing functions pertinent to the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, ensuring accuracy of general ledger, ensuring all sub-ledger accounts are in balance, bank reconciliations, trouble-shooting and miscellaneous accounting assignments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: expenditure and revenue analysis; sub-ledger reconciliations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, clearing accounts and security deposits; monthly bank reconciliations of main, security deposits and trust accounts; month-end reviews of portfolios; assist in the preparation of the Midwest year-end files; and various reporting requirements as needed by ownership. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager and indirectly to the Divisional Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs accounting functions pertinent to the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting including all adjusting journal entries, reconciliation of all sub-ledger accounts and assisting with any required reporting needs of ownership
- Performs cash receipts and daily head office deposits
- Perform monthly Tenant EFTs, working with Assistant Property Managers and Property Managers to trouble shoot any irregularities
- Assist in the training of site and office staff in accounting procedures and property management application; trouble-shoots in problem areas
- Assists in the preparation of the Midwest year-end file and the Trust file for submission to the Auditors and Real Estate Board, including working papers and analysis
- Assist in reviewing payables, including invoices, cheques and accruals for accuracy
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Assists in special assignments as requested by Divisional Controller
- Other projects and activities as required
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, practices, and methods
- Intermediate computer skills (especially in excel and spreadsheet applications) and business software
- Ability to quickly grasp the customized property management system being used (MRI Version x)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Ability to provide and express information in a clear, concise manner, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, trades, and members of the general public
Education, Training and Experience
- Post-secondary courses in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- 2-3 years relative experience in the accounting industry preferred
Why should you apply?
We offer comprehensive benefit package, competitive wages, company matched RRSP contribution plan, comprehensive group benefits, health and fitness spending accounts, and premium rental.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.