Associate Director of Finance
- Rundle College
- Job Industry
- Education, Finance, Other
- Job Type
Associate Director of Finance, Rundle College
Rundle College is seeking an Associate of Director of Finance to join the Finance Department of the School.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Associate Director of Finance is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to prepare and analyze financial information. The position will assist in overseeing the full cycle of accounting operations, external financial reporting and internal management reporting. Working closely with the Director of Finance, this position will be responsible for establishing, monitoring and enforcing adherence to internal controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Support the fiscal stewardship of the programs and services of the Rundle Society
• Ensure consistent financial and operational practices are adhered to
• Monitor all program budgets
• Complete monthly financial statements
• Assist with completion of the annual operating budgets and the long-term capital budgets
• Assist with completion of the external reporting to government agencies, as required
• Lead, guide and manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting and collections function and 2 staff, as direct reports
• Develop and coach Finance staff to ensure best practices are being adhered to
• Implement efficiencies and innovative practices where it would benefit the school
• Oversee the processing of accounts payable transactions
• Oversee the processing of accounts receivable transactions including invoicing for services, collections
Knowledge, Skills & Technical Ability:
• Post-Secondary Education, with a focus on Accounting
• Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA) preferred
• Previous management experience in leading staff
• Self-motivated individual who is eager to embrace new opportunities
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical skills with a high degree of initiative and logical analysis
• Experience in not-for-profit and/or educational field is an asset
Rundle College is an independent, coeducational, day school that was founded in 1985 and provides an outstanding educational experience for approximately 1060 students in Kindergarten through Grade 12. In addition to academic achievement, Rundle's programs emphasize character development, leadership training and good citizenship.
Rundle College is a not-for-profit corporation with approximately 175 faculty and 37 staff, it has a strong presence in the community as an established employer.
Rundle College is committed to its Mission: to create a nurturing, engaging environment that provides an enriched, personalized education, preparing students for an ever-changing world. Rundle College will help students discover their potential, challenge them to attain their best and celebrate with them when they do.
How to Apply:
Rundle College offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Rundle team.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest in confidence via email to Teal and Co Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Teal & Co Inc. at 277 Lakeshore Road East, Suite 407, Oakville, ON L6J 1H9 no later than June 27th, 2018.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rundle College is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please contact Rundle College administration office 403-291-3866 for further details or if you require any information in an alternate format. Rundle College is an equal opportunity employer.