- Mayfield Management Group Ltd.
- Edmonton, AB
- Job Industry
- Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing, Property Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Mayfield Management Group Ltd. is seeking an experienced Finance Manager reporting to the Director of Finance to work in our Edmonton office. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who is looking to join a senior management position in a dynamic and progressive Property Management company.
Are you an energetic and results oriented accountant with a passion for continuous improvement?
Are you looking to build your career and contribute to a world class organisation with laser focus on performance excellence?
Why join MMG?
- We are a collaborative and high performing team dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients;
- We offer competitive compensation packages and an environment for learning and development;
- We are a growing and dynamic organization positioning ourselves to be a world leader in property management;
- MMG is a value-based, performance driven company with advancement opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
- Implement creative and effective managerial accounting to our business (budgeting, cost analysis, etc.)
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are established and followed by MMG;
- Identify and lead accounting process improvements that provide efficiency within the operation;
- Assure protection of business assets through financial control and audit;
- Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and compliance with reporting standards;
- Be a change agent through the organization by embracing and supporting change initiatives;
- Strive to create new ideas to bring value to our internal and external client experience;
- Oversight of full cycle property management corporate accounting (AR, AP, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting, etc.)
- Lead the accounting team including management and contribution to the performance management process;
- Contribute to Finance team deliverables including providing indirect coaching of staff;
- Collaborate with external auditors and regulatory bodies.
Education & Experience
- Experience in Property Management industry considered an asset;
- A Bachelor of Commerce or working towards;
- CPA designation or working towards;
- 7+ years progressive leadership experience;
- Experience in complex system conversions;
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel to generate reports;
- In-depth knowledge of all areas of accounting;
- Strong knowledge of current Canadian accounting standards.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to translate complex strategic initiatives into tactical deliverables;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of process improvement;
- An eye for detail and are known for your meticulous and organised work;
- Have a love for problem solving and value creation;
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
The successful applicant must be able to provide a clear, valid Police Information Check and their own transportation with proof of valid Drivers’ license.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Mayfield Management Group Ltd however, please note, only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.