Posting ID: 17143
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
City: Vavenby, BC, Canada
Location: Vavenby (BC09)
Who We Are: Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy. As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, and with accountability to the Regional Controller, the Divisional Accountant is a key member of the divisional management team. The Divisional Accountant will be responsible for the full range of operational, financial, and management account reporting, as well as analysis and administrative support.
The Role: The Divisional Accountant’s primary focus is to provide the operations management team with relevant financial and statistical analysis and information, and to participate in value-added decision support.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide operational and financial support & analysis for the manufacturing facilities and its' assets
- Prepare and assist with monthly and quarterly forecasts, weekly cost reporting and capital document preparation processes
- Assist department heads and supervisors in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis, and provide financial information and recommendations
- Coordinate and liaise with both internal and external customers
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and IFRS
- Review and approve financial statements and reports
- Coach operations personnel on financial matters related to their area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of Canfor business practices
- Recognized accounting designation is preferred; senior level students with a commitment to complete their designation will be considered
- Minimum five years related experience
- Advanced personal computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
The Incentive Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits. Grow with us At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company. There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events! Vavenby, BC Vavenby is the ideal backcountry playground, a pleasant place perfectly suited to exploration, adventure and outdoor recreation. This town is situated near nine provincial parks and there are plenty of exceptional spots to snowmobile, hike, swim, boat, and horseback ride. There are numerous campgrounds to choose from for a weekend getaway. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vavenby-bc