- Nisku, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Shawcor Oilfield Asset Management (OAM) is a leading oilfield asset and tubular management and services company to the upstream oil and gas industry. Its core business revolves around drill pipe, drill tools, sucker rods, casing and production tubing, coating services and tubular products for production and completion. OAM’s services include in-plant and mobile inspection, repair, machining, manufacturing, recertification, and web-based inventory management systems.
Are you determined, enthusiastic, eager to learn new things? Are you looking for an exciting challenge and the opportunity to grow and develop new skills? If you answered yes to all these questions, Shawcor Oilfield Asset Management is looking to add an Accountant to the team in our Nisku, Alberta office.
The Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Support the Assistant Controller in managing the accounting operations including the preparation and review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany and statutory reporting
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department. Prepare and present financial information for quarterly and annual reports
- Work with Assistant Controller and operations to define measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Coordinate all external and government audits
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Responsible for all other financial reporting to various companies and agencies (Insurance, Stats Can, etc.)
- Ensure all local, provincial and Federal taxes are calculated and remitted accurately and on time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and pursuing a designation
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge and training in accounting
- Strong understanding of IFRS, government remittance regulations and benefits administration
- Strong communication skills
- Some payroll knowledge is required
We offer an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience. Shawcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire on the basis of merit.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to:
Fax: (780) 955-2822
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.