- Oilers Entertainment Group
- Edmonton, AB
- Job Industry
- Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Oilers Entertainment Group (“OEG”) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the five-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors and operates Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings, located in ICE District, Canada’s largest mixed-used sports and entertainment development.
Vision: “To be a global leader in Sports and Entertainment”
Mission Statement: “We deliver I Remember Moments by investing in world class talent, committing to service excellence and connecting fans to their passion.”
Reporting directly to the Manager, Procurement, the Coordinator, Accounting is responsible for providing accounts payable support, including but not limited to processing invoices, data entry, reviewing corporate card purchases and processing expense reports. This position will also be responsible for providing accounting support, including but not limited to preparing bank reconciliations, preparing weekly and monthly journal entries, and preparing monthly accounting working papers.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of invoices, payables and expenses reports, and weekly payments including mailing cheques
- Responsible for the full purchase to payment cycle of multiple expense types. Verify and review invoices and purchase orders for accuracy of pricing, delivery, financial coding and approval
- Manages large transaction volumes while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy
- Reconcile and analyze customer and vendor accounts to support month-end and year-end requirements
- Maintains day-to-day accounting processes including posting journal entries and preparing general ledger reconciliations
- Provides inputs to the annual budget processes, as needed
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and contract holders
- Maintain accurate records and files of procurement transactions
- Maintain accounting controls by supporting Finance Department policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting is preferred. In lieu of formal education, experience in a related field may be considered.
- 1-3 years of related accounting experience is required. Accounts Payable processing experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with computerized accounting software (i.e. Great Plains, Concur, etc.) and a proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Great Plains and BI360 is an asset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external parties
- Deadline oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Expects highest quality performance from self and others