Director, Real Estate Asset Manager
We’re Investors Group – a Canadian leader in providing the best advice, experience and outcomes for our clients, personalized throughout their lifetime. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
Our vision: We inspire financial confidence.
At Investors Group we believe:
- Our success starts with the success of our clients
- In achieving excellence in all we do, and anything worth doing is worth doing extraordinarily well
- Only through teamwork can we realize our greatest potential
- We can never be satisfied with the status quo and that every day we should be focused on creating more value
- In the power of advice to change lives for the better
- It is our mission to make a difference in the world and the lives of others
If you share our vision and values, we’d like to hear from you.
I.G. Investment Management, Ltd. (‘IGIM”), as trustee for Investors Real Property Fund is currently looking for a Director, Real Estate Asset Manager to join the Investors Real Property Fund (“IRPF”) team located in Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton. IRPF, a mutual fund available for purchase only through Investors Group, owns commercial real estate properties across Canada. IGIM is the professional money management subsidiary of Investors Group Inc., and as portfolio manager, provides investment, asset and property management services for IRPF. The IRPF team is comprised of investment professionals responsible for managing approximately $5 billion in assets.
The Director, Real Estate Asset Manager is responsible for the management of real property assets of office, retail, industrial and residential properties. Primary activities include: property management, lease negotiations, property valuations and participation in real property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Responsibility for property management, including annual planning, capital expenditures and the analysis of actual revenue and expense results and reporting to management.
- Responsibility for property leasing activities, income and capital growth.
- Managing the property appraisal process and providing input into property valuations.
- Participating in the property acquisition and disposition due diligence process
- Responsibility for overseeing property development or redevelopment opportunities.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- University undergraduate business degree with preference given to those with a post graduate degree and or a professional designation (or equivalent).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- High level of initiative and the ability to work both independently and within a team-based environment.
- Proficiency in PC software such as Excel, MS Word PowerPoint and Argus.