Finance and Audit Committee Member(s)
As the city’s designated arts development authority, Calgary Arts Development supports and strengthens the arts to benefit all Calgarians. We invest and allocate municipal funding for the arts provided by The City of Calgary and leverage these funds to provide additional resources to the arts sector. Our programs support hundreds of arts organizations, individual artists, artist collectives and ad hoc groups in Calgary.
Volunteer Opportunity Description
Calgary Arts Development is seeking 1-2 individuals to become part of the Finance & Audit Committee in a volunteer capacity. The committee is comprised of board members of Calgary Arts Development and community members. The purpose of the Finance & Audit Committee is to assist the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities by reviewing and making recommendations to the Board regarding:
● Financial information, including audited financial statements, that will be provided to the Board of Directors and other stakeholders;
● The systems of internal controls;
● Internal audit processes; and
● Investment management activities.
Key responsibilities include:
● Advising the Board on all financial matters affecting CADA;
● Receiving and reviewing the audited financial statements of CADA as to reasonableness of presentation, appropriateness of accounting principles and adequacy of disclosure prior to their submission to the Board;
● Reviewing the unaudited quarterly financial statements and financial projections;
● Monitoring compliance of financial policies.
Attendance at quarterly Finance & Audit Committee meetings is required. Ideal candidates will have an accounting designation, with an interest in the arts and a desire to lead in the community. For successful candidates this volunteer committee position may lead to an opportunity to join the Board of Directors.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. An interview and two professional references will be required.