GUATEMALA | NGO supporting the Mesoamerican Reef Conservation | 3-6 Weeks
- Accounting for International Development
- Voluntary assignment with Stipend provided
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, Volunteer
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
Based in historic and scenic Quetzaltenango, our partner works to enable international collaboration to protect the critical Mesoamerica reef in Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and Mexico. They would like the support of a pro bono accountant who can help them strengthen their internal accounting processes and provide training in basic financial management to programmes officers of the central office and partners of protected areas in the field.
Their mission is to enable and innovate transnational solutions to critical Mesoamerica reef issues through long-term financial support and trustworthy reef management advice.
The organisation raises funds for the following initial program areas:
- Saving our Sanctuaries: supports the establishment and protection of an interconnected network of priority coastal and marine protected areas in the region.
- Fishing for the Future: Community participation in co-management of their fisheries and the establishment of fisheries recovery areas is supported through this initiative.
- Climate Change: Monitoring climate change effects on the reef and supporting adaptation to climate change
Your role will begin with an assessment of their accounting & financial management systems, making and implementing recommendations on best practice based on the complexity of their finances, the resources available to the organisation and skillset of the local staff.
This voluntary assignment is a unique opportunity to apply your professional skills in an international development setting, significantly contribute to the support and development of local staff and have a lasting impact. If you are a qualified accountant, looking to make a difference and gain relevant international experience to help you transition into the sector, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Need a fresh challenge... to do something worthwhile?
Keen to volunteer & share your skills & experience?
If that's a YES (x3), please click here and find out how we can individually tailor a volunteer placement that's right for you. Click the 'apply now' button if you would like to find out more about volunteering overseas.
We are confident you’ll encounter a variety of new and exciting challenges, share new experiences with inspiring people and learn skills that will give you confidence to face challenges in other areas of your life. You’ll be inspired and get back so much more than you give!