Director of Finance
- Job Industry
- Finance, Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing, Property Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
OPUS has been operating in Western Canada for over 35 years. Since opening our doors in 1983, we have emerged as a leader in commercial real estate, developing over 25 million square feet of attractive and functional buildings. OPUS projects span the country from British Columbia to Ontario where we have delivered quality facilities for the mixed-use, office, industrial and retail sectors for numerous national and international clients (GM, Panasonic, Cineplex and others).
The OPUS advantage? Our seasoned experience and our single source delivery method creates a unique formula that has proven to deliver great results and client satisfaction. Our clients benefit from a full service integrated process that oversees all aspects of commercial development from concept to completion and through to operations.
We are looking to add a Director of Finance to our leadership team. This position requires strong project management experience; an ability to develop, monitor and evaluate multiple projects with multiple deliverables and deadlines; the ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of regular accounting and finance activities as well as special projects and business planning; and oversight to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
Specific responsibilities include Financial Accounting & Reporting; Budgets; Project Management Accounting; Risk Management; Financing; Asset Management.
Your Qualifications & Personal Characteristics:
- 3-5 years’ progressive finance and accounting experience, ideally with a small to mid-size company, including some leadership responsibilities as noted above.
- University or college degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business. Management, or equivalent experience.
- CPA designation is an asset.
- Familiarity with real estate, development, and construction industries is helpful.
- A strong client focus.
- The ability to think about the why and how, not just the do.
- Broad knowledge of all accounting, finance, and business principles.
How to Apply:
If you are excited by the opportunity and have the experience, qualifications, and characteristics identified, please submit your resume to HR@opuscorp.ca by July 19, 2018. Please note that third party resumes will not be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.