- Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- $110,000.00 to $150,000.00
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
If you are driven by high expectations - this could be the job for you!
If you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued - this could be the job for you!
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is actively recruiting for a Controller to assume responsibility for an accounting and clerical department with a successful company based in the Edmonton area. This opening is a full-time position for a Controller and to succeed the incumbent will need to plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff.
Candidates who know how to effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services will do well in this role along with creative types who can lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo.
Key responsibilities involved will include:
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Analyze deliverables of self and team to confirm they meet client expectations
- Occasionally perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Give financial reports to ownership each month
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Work closely with executive team to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Support Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required
- CPA designation
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Payroll experience required
- Solid understanding of financial statement preparation
Connect with Us Today:
To learn more about this full-time opportunity with a successful company in the Edmonton area, connect with Cal Jungwirth at (780) 424-4220 or email@example.com.