BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Project Accountant for our Calgary Office.
We are looking for an organized, self-starter to join our team in the Calgary office. In this role your main responsibilities will be to:
- Process Accounts Payable invoicing ensuring proper approvals and timely payments
- Prepare and audit monthly client billings
- Manage subcontractor compliances ensuring required documentation is received
- Assist project managers in ensuring project financials are accurate
- Promote continuous improvement within the Accounting department
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients, vendors and internal project teams
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Interested in or actively pursuing CPA Designation
- Two or more years’ experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Project Accounting or Construction industry experience would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
In return Chandos offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, employer paid health and dental benefits, pension matching program, tuition reimbursement, company sponsored social events and the opportunity to participate in our employee ownership program.
Our unique culture attracts a high caliber employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.