Oncolytics Biotech is a biotechnology company focused on the development of oncolytic viruses as potential therapeutics for use in a broad range of cancers. The Company is conducting clinical studies using REOLYSIN®, its proprietary formulation of the human reovirus, in some of the most prevalent forms of the disease including lung, colorectal and pancreatic cancers. Oncolytics’ clinical program includes a number of human trials at a variety of stages including a Phase III trial in head and neck cancers. The Company has advanced its product manufacturing and intellectual property initiatives in parallel with its clinical development program to support development of a commercial product.
The Senior Accountant reports to and works closely with the Controller. The Senior Accountant will support the Controller with the overall management of the Company’s internal control program and performing accounting, financial reporting and research functions.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Controller with the overall management of the Company’s internal control system.
- Assist in the design, review and evaluation of internal controls.
- Plan and complete annual internal controls testing.
- Prepare the monthly consolidation and reporting package, including preparation of complex journal entries and working papers.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting information.
- Assist with public company reporting – financial statements, MD&A, Form 20-F and XBRL.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation.
- Monitor IFRS changes and impact on the Company.
- Assist with preparation of corporate tax returns and transfer pricing documentation.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and forecast.
- Assist in responding to auditor inquiries.
- Assist with potential implementation of a new accounting system, moving from QuickBooks to a more robust and functional system.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills and a desire to improve processes.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Enjoys working in a small company environment.
Education & Experience:
- CPA, CA designation
- 1-2 years of post-designation experience in an accounting department of a public company or public practice audit experience.
- Detail working knowledge of COSO framework.
- Understanding of internal controls, audit methodology and audit procedures.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS.
- Practical experience and understanding of financial reporting requirements. Previous XBRL experience an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are searching for an opportunity to work for a small company dedicated to the development of oncolytic viruses as potential therapeutics for use in a broad range of cancers, please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by emailing it to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note applicants must have proven right to live and work in Canada.
Application Deadline: Open – until position is filled.