Reporting to the General Manager, Precast. This position will provide direction and oversight on all job cost and local payroll transactions.
- Promote a positive safety culture through engagement with employees and subcontractors with an objective of “zero” safety incidents.
- Supervise, guide and mentor a local team comprised of Job Cost Accountant(s), Accounts Payable Administrator, and a Payroll Administrator
- Administer and control all project accounting activities on a continual basis
- Act as a liaison between Management, Estimating, and Operations to validate assumptions and ensure the accurate flow of information
- Track, analyze and report on job production performance, equipment utilization and any deficiencies to the General Manager
- Forecast resourcing requirements in order to determine and fulfill job performance
- Schedule and run the month-end closing process while ensuring regional and corporate deadlines are met
- Prepare and post journal entries, prepare account reconciliations, and recognize revenue based on a percentage of completion methodology on a monthly basis
- Monitor and implement internal controls in accordance with IFRS and Lafarge’s policies and practices
- Oversee contract management activities
- Ensure jobs are properly setup for E-One transactions to flow automatically
- Enter actual quantities by work item
- Participate in the quarterly QAT processes for the Job Cost module
- Strive for continuous improvement in the processes and procedures utilized as set out by project accounting principles and corporate governance.
- Support the Project Team during the system transition to SAP in 2018.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly budgets and forecasts to ensure achievement of operating and financial objectives
- Prepare monthly invoices and actively monitor account receivables
- Lead and complete internal and external audit requirements of the business
- Other duties as assigned
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Reports to the General Manager, Precast for the Greater Edmonton Area
- Supports the Operations Manager(s), Estimating Manager and General Superintendent(s)
- Works closely with the Finance Manager to ensure costs are budgeted and forecasted accurately
Education & Work Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in an accounting role is required
- Project accounting or job cost experience is required
- Recognized accounting designation or working towards one would be considered an asset
- Experience with E-One and SAP would be beneficial
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs including Excel
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, process-oriented
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Good time management, self-directed, uses time wisely, can attend to a broad range of activities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence
Commitment to Safety:
Safety is a core value for Lafarge and every employee is expected to contribute to a safe environment. All employees are expected to read, understand and apply all Lafarge Corporate Policy’s, Health and Safety Policy’s, Rules, and Regulations. In addition, all employees are expected to comply with all Canadian Federal and Provincial legislation.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.