Why work at Solium
Solium is a fast-growing company where every team member is vital to success. If you have an unfailing commitment to excellence, alignment with customer interests and strong problem-solving skills, Solium welcomes your contribution to our enthusiastic team.
Solium takes cultural characteristics from the industries we draw upon. We develop and maintain a sophisticated set of enterprise software products, so we embody the casual style but relentless focus that is often associated with the tech industry. But we are also a client service organization, offering support to both corporate clients and their employees. We also employ a wealth of “numbers” people, those with backgrounds in math, finance and economics. And because we are a global organization, you’ll routinely hear English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Cantonese and other languages spoken in our offices. Solium offices are all about diversity. What unites us is a commitment to quality. We are all passionate people who bring our best in support of a singular focus, to be the global leader in our industry.
We think in terms of what-ifs. And we answer with:
- Innovation – We create solutions and services that make the complex manageable
• Flexibility – We offer the choices that provide compliance and convenience
• Service – We demonstrate problem-solving, reliability and accuracy in everything we do for our customers
We reward our people with a competitive compensation and benefits package and a fun, flexible work environment.
- Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ - 2006 to 2010, 2012, 2014
- Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures - 2012
- Branham’s Top 5 Canadian Software-as-a-Service Companies Top 20 Movers & Shakers – 2011
- Top 25 Canadian Software Companies – 2011
We currently have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a:
Located in downtown Calgary, AB and reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Financial Analyst will assist in external and internal financial reporting, including the consolidation and preparation of financial statements. The position will also assist in preparing and analyzing information to assist senior management in making key business decisions. The chosen candidate will be part of a professional, dynamic and engaged team within our corporate structure.
The Financial Analyst will be a practical and hands-on individual with a track record of success working closely with different levels of employees to deliver on the objectives of the Finance department. Experience with consolidation, entities in multi-jurisdictions, foreign exchange, analysis of operational information, and statutory reporting are considered assets.
- Prepare entries and information for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Assist with monthly reporting package for management
- Prepare variance analysis of the financial results
- Maintain an understanding of the operations of each entity and their impact to the consolidated financial statements
- Lead or participate in special projects that, among other things, could involve the integration or transition of accounting for newly acquired businesses, finance & accounting infrastructure design & implementation, financial planning, etc.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly external consolidated financial statements, MD&A, annual information form, and other external reports
- Assist in preparation of statutory financial statements and coordination of statutory audits in various jurisdictions
- Assist in researching and providing recommendations on complex or significant accounting issues
- Support management in preparing corporate and business line plans
- Work with management to prepare operational and financial key performance metrics and analytics
- Identify areas for improvements and implement them in the day to day financial processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional designation (CPA,CA preferred)
- 1 – 2 years of post-designation experience
- Understanding of IFRS with ability to apply it to internal and external reports
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and technical concepts, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with advanced accounting concepts such as foreign exchange translation, acquisitions, equity method of accounting and consolidations
- Experience with new accounting standards such as IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and act as a leader by setting an example for others
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment which includes ongoing learning and training opportunities
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member; a self-starter that excels at meeting and exceeding professional goals
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, working under deadlines, creative thinking, making decisions based on incomplete information
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to explain complex accounting and control requirements to both finance and operating personnel
- Results oriented, driven to succeed in a position that will allow you to develop your career and make a significant contribution to the ongoing growth and profitability of the Company’s operations
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Solium, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.