Matrix Solutions Inc. is a Canadian, employee-owned environmental and engineering consulting company. Strategically located across Canada, we help our clients, employees, environment and communities thrive. With our ability to collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies, we deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our client’s project and environmental challenges.
Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals focused on three key areas of service: assessment, remediation, reclamation and monitoring; environmental planning, assessment and approvals; and water resources. Join our team of passionate professionals and work with us to create a lasting impact.
Our Calgary, Alberta office is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team. The position reports to the Controller and will collaborate with 2 Accountants. The Senior Financial Reporting Consultant will require strong analytical skills, technical knowledge and understanding of reporting in a private company environment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to switch between a detailed approach and seeing the broader picture. They will have an understanding of process integration, a strong service oriented outlook, solutions-based problem solving approach and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the production of accurate, relevant and timely reports for historical financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and operational analysis.
- Provide mentorship and work collaboratively with the corporate reporting function
- Perform and review detailed calculations and data analytics using large data sets and trend analyses
- Provide analysis for senior management, including operations reporting, budgeting metrics reporting
- Prepare and review monthly financial report reporting package which includes an understanding of accounts, strong level of financial analysis, accompanying schedules and reconciliations
- Understand and manage the general ledger and flow of entries from projects to financial statements, provide guidance to the receivables and payable teams on transaction issues
- Complete or review credit assessments for new and existing clients, including analyzing financial information of clients, interpreting results in context of broader industry knowledge, and updating Finance and Operations
- Understand credit risk insurance process, track workflow and provide required reporting
- Collaborate with the receivables team on collections and any issues that arise
- Support the budgeting process, update or create budget models and organize corporate forecasts
- Manage the indirect tax reporting and compliance (GST, PST)
- Support drafting of quarterly board reports
- Lead the annual audit process and collaboratively manage any issues or outcomes arising from audit reports
- Assist with the employee share ownership process including tracking, calculations, and correspondence
- Develop a detailed understanding of our ERP system (BST) and connections to associated systems.
Education, Experience, Technical Skills:
- CPA designation required, CPA, CA preferred
- 5 + years in financial reporting or analysis related roles, preferably in a project related industry
- Exceptional Excel skills with the ability to manage, analyze and simplify large amounts of data
- Previous accounting firm audit experience would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team to outstanding levels of achievement; ability to quickly gain the trust and confidence of team members and leaders
- Experience working with project management and project accounting software packages for both general ledger and project accounting is preferred
- Previous experience with Power BI (Business Intelligence) would be considered an asset
- Ability to dig in and find root causes and solutions to issues
- A flexible and highly accountable individual with the desire to roll up their sleeves when necessary.
Are you the one we're looking for? Click the Apply button by July 12th, 2018.
Matrix Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation package. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, cross-training opportunities, and rewarding our star performers.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health & Safety Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access (and in some client cases, random) alcohol & drug testing as well as drivers abstract reviews.
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in Canada with no restrictions.
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Please bookmark our careers page and visit often to learn more about what we do. Also, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter (at Matrix Solutions Inc & ITweetMatrix respectively) for ongoing updates about our people and business.
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit our website at www.matrix-solutions.com
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.