The tax department is currently recruiting for two successful candidates to join their team as Tax Seniors.
The successful candidates will be a newly designated CPA or soon to be designated with Public Practice experience and looking to pursue their professional career in Tax.
The Tax Senior(s) will receive on the job learning and education that will expand his/her skillset. This will, in turn, allow the individual to be able to provide comprehensive taxation services to ensure that the tax affairs of every client are structured in the most efficient and cost effective way possible. In addition, the Tax Senior(s) will be accountable for the proactive review of client information to identify planning opportunities.
- Assisting the tax department with corporate reorganizations, including reviewing minute books and financial information to determine current structure and share attributes, implementing the tax restructuring plans, completing election forms for tax and GST purposes, drafting engagement and legal instruction letters, researching tax issues and drafting detailed memos for the client including accounting entries and tax compliance;
- Preparing and supervising terminal and estate returns, corporate and personal tax filings, capital dividend account elections, information reporting requirements, voluntary disclosures plus responding to general tax questions from staff;
- Discussing general tax issues directly with clients and their advisors (e.g. lawyers);
- Presenting tax updates to staff on a monthly basis;
- Assisting in preparing Notices of Objections and responses to CRA (e.g. CRA audits); and
- Participating in weekly tax update meetings.
- Professional designation (CPA or former CA, CMA, CGA)
- Public Practice experience
- An extremely high degree of attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Enrollment next fall in the CICA In-Depth Tax Program. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to be working full time in tax throughout their studies plus at least 1 or 2 years beyond.
The successful Tax Senior candidates will have the aspirations of developing their career in tax long term.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.