The Tax Department is growing and we are currently recruiting for a seasoned Tax professional to join our Department.
The Tax Manager will play an important leadership role by working closely with the Tax department in delivering exceptional client service to a diverse group of clients. This role is also responsible for leading and coaching staff outside of the department in developing their tax skills and knowledge.
- Leading medium sized client tax engagements to include both public and private companies;
- Working closely with a Partner as a senior team member on identifying tax issues and planning opportunities for owner managed and Farm businesses;
- Train, review and evaluate the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness;
- Providing ongoing professional development support and mentoring for the staff;
- Supporting business development initiatives;
- Prepare and review federal and provincial income taxes for individuals, corporations, trusts and exempt organizations;
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business;
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals;
- Manage clients' high level personal and corporate tax and GST matters;
- Perform technical research, develop tax planning strategies and make appropriate recommendations;
- Assist the Audit and Assurance department with tax and GST compliance matters as required;
- Identify marketing opportunities within existing internal and external networks;
- Presenting tax updates to staff at monthly meetings; and
- Under the guidance of a partner, gain and develop exposure to completing Corporate reorganizations including:
- Business succession and Farm transactions
- Structuring acquisitions and divestitures
- Estate and Will planning
- Amalgamations and windups
- Income tax and GST compliance
- Strong technical background and a minimum of 3-5 years of specialization in public practice services firm or in industry, with a minimum of 3 years of tax consulting and/or compliance experience.
- Completion of level 1 and 2 of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course or the new equivalent (e.g. Level 1, 2 & 3).
- Experience preparing individual, corporate, and exempt organization tax and GST returns.
- Current with changes in tax legislation.
- Proficiency in Tax software, Caseware, Excel, and Word. Previous experience with Farm businesses would be an asset.
- A high degree of time management skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Should you have an interest in this full time opportunity and would like to work with a great employer, please submit your cover letter and resume through our website at http://www.krpgroup.com/working-with-krp/careers. Only qualified candidates will be contacted and the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.