The Tax Group is growing and we are currently recruiting for one successful candidate to join the growing International Tax team.
The Tax Technician will receive on the job learning and education that will expand his/her skillset. This will, in turn, allow the individual to be able to assist the department with various tax accounting projects, bookkeeping and whatever may be required for the department, firm and its clients.
Reporting to the Partners and Managers within the Tax Department and the Human Resource Manager, this position is responsible for the general technician duties including assisting the tax department team and all other firm members when required. The individual will be primarily responsible for any required U.S. tax filings with any additional time available will be devoted to Canadian tax issues. Some responsibilities will include working with the other department technicians by assisting with U.S. and Canadian tax issues including but not limited to assisting with IRS and CRA Reviews, general tax research, basic accounting projects, bookkeeping, assisting in the completion of personal tax returns (Form 1040NR, Form 1040, T1’s), and some corporate tax returns (1120-F, T2’s). Please note that on the job training will be provided as required. Further, the individual will also be responsible for assisting with integrating the Tax Department’s job tracking into the Sharepoint job tracking system and participation with the firm’s Personal Tax Team, internal personal tax processes, procedures and training during personal tax season.
The Technician will have excellent attention to detail and time management skills that will allow them to monitor and manage engagements efficiently and effectively by meeting budget and reporting deadlines.
- An Accounting diploma or related certification from an accredited post-secondary institution and or relevant experience would be an asset. An interest to pursue further education relating to the Tax Technician position enhancing their skillset and knowledge would also be required.
- Previous experience in a public practice US department would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge and experience working in accounting software such as CaseWare and Taxprep would be an asset.
- An extremely high degree of attention to detail and time management skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player.
Should you have an interest in this full time opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter through our website under the professionals section to http://www.krpgroup.com/working-with-krp/careers by July 6, 2018.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.