Finance Committee Member
Do you have a passion for learning and an interest in contributing your skills?
Calgary Learns is looking for an accountant to share their knowledge and skills on our finance committee.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced accountant (5+ years) with knowledge of non-profit accounting to join our small Finance Committee (Chair, President (ex-officio), and Executive Director) in a volunteer capacity. The role involves a commitment of approximately 20-25 hours for the year. The committee meets quarterly and meeting times (generally late afternoon) are scheduled to meet the committee members’ schedules.
The Calgary Learns Finance Committee’s role includes
- Reviewing budgets initially prepared by staff, helping to develop appropriate procedures for budget preparations ensuring a consistency between the budget and the organization's plans
- Reporting to the board any financial irregularities, concerns, opportunities
- Recommending financial guidelines to the board (such as to establish a reserve fund or to obtain a line of credit for a specified amount)
- Working with staff to design financial reports and ensure that reports are accurate and timely
- Overseeing short and long-term investments
- Recommending selection of the auditor and working with the auditor
- Advising the executive director and other appropriate staff on financial priorities and best practices
Check out our website to learn more about the work of Calgary Learns, www.calgarylearns.com. If you want to be part of our team and contribute to our effort to meet the needs of adult foundational learners in Calgary, please send your expression of interest with your resume to :
Nancy Purdy, Executive Director email@example.com