West Industrial Ltd. ("West") is a diversified energy service company that has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Controller to work in our head office located in Calgary. West's mission is to disrupt the energy service sector by creating a workplace that embraces diversity, accountability, innovation and operational excellence while championing the communities’ in which we work and the partnerships we have developed. Through our pursuit of technology and our adherence to safety, quality and execution we strive to deliver cost-effective and timely solutions to the most recognized energy companies in North America.
The Corporate Controller will report directly to the President and oversee a team of up to three people in the accounting department. The ideal candidate will thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, and be capable of interacting with offices located in other jurisdictions. This role requires the ability to adapt and to be willing and open to taking on a diverse list of objectives. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting/Finance/Treasury functions, including preparing the company’s financial statements, analyzing financial results and trends, and reporting and providing financial advice using current, prior, and forecast information.
Compensation package includes: $105,000 base salary, bonus program, three weeks' vacation, RRSP program, health benefits and a health spending account.
This position requires a Canadian accounting designation, a strong work ethic, proven leadership and mentoring skills, and exceptional communication and presentation skills. You will possess an extensive working knowledge of Acumatica as well as an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel. You will have a minimum of 10 years accounting experience with at least five years’ experience as a Controller. Prior energy service experience would be an asset.
Some of the key functions of this role include:
- Prepare reports and audit findings;
- Lead the preparation and submission of year-end working papers to third party accounting firm;
- Facilitate month-end consolidated financial reporting and analysis process;
- Prepare and analyze financial status and progress using key performance indicators;
- Recommend improvements to accounting procedures/systems and management practices;
- Interpret and analyze all financial transactions/results;
- Attend monthly/weekly financial review meetings with senior management and prepare all monthly financial reports to parent company;
- Reconcile the cash balance, weekly cash activity, capital assets, and line of credit;
- Develop and implement finance policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures, and internal controls;
- Prepare GST returns from accounting records;
- Manage Ceridian payroll for hourly and salary team members, review daily time sheets and vacation requests, and oversee WCB Alberta requirements;
- Administer employee benefits program;
- Compile and submit all information required for financing and audit requirements;
- Review and recommend capital spending proposals;
- Develop and update annual budgets in conjunction with the Management Team;
- Provide operations with weekly project financial updates and reports;
- Manage bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, and accounts payable including invoicing and bank deposits
- Oversee the accounting team to ensure utilization of accounting computer software and other software to input and track all financial transactions;
- Analyze financial documents and reports against budget/forecast models;
- Provide financial, business, and tax advice
If you enjoy a collaborative work environment that is well positioned for growth, offers a diverse set of responsibilities, and provides the opportunity for professional growth, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.