Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director, Member Products and Services leads the strategy development, program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CPA Alberta’s member products and services. These strategies and programs should contribute to members’ professional growth, develop their competencies and give them the skills they need to become leaders in their fields. An active leadership role with the national Professional Learning and Development Program (PLDP) Committee and other subcommittees (as needed) is required.
Professional Development (PD) Program and Member Services: Leading, Planning, Development, Monitoring, Review
- Ensure members are offered insightful, timely, relevant, and meaningful education products, career services, networking and mentoring services.
- Provide oversight in the following areas:
- individual and group career coaching for students, members and alumni;
- provision of relevant member benefits through the national affinity program;
- contract management for authors/instructors, venues, affinity program providers, etc.;
- development, quality assurance, marketing, and promotion of member products and services;
- researching topics of interest and relevance to members;
- Establish relationships with potential presenters, job recruiters, and partners.
Professional Learning and Development Programs Committee (PLDPC)
- Represent CPA Alberta on national PLDP committee, responsible for reviewing and developing national courses.
- Promote and lead initiatives, pilot projects and other PLDPC initiatives.
- Lead, plan and conduct the consent review process for Alberta authored courses.
- Identify ways to continuously improve the suite of courses and provide oversight for quality control of material in accordance with PLDP standards.
- Attend out of province meetings and participate in conference calls.
Strategic Planning, Business Planning, and Financial Planning and Monitoring
- Lead the development and implementation of a digital strategy to improve member products and services delivery.
- Develop the departmental strategic plans and annual business operational plans.
- Contribute to quarterly Management Operating Reporting (MOR) to the Board by tracking progress, activities on specific operational goals and KPIs.
- Oversee the annual departmental budget and monthly financial reporting processes.
- Supervise, hire, train and evaluate direct reporting staff.
- University degree, ideally in either Business (majoring in accounting, sales and marketing), or Education (majoring in adult learning or education technology).
- 5 – 7 years in a management/supervisory role.
- CPA designation and post-designation experience is preferred.
- 10 years experience in adult continuing education, online learning, sales & marketing, and/or member services (actively in designing, implementing, administering and delivering products and services) is desirable.
- Experience developing and maintaining multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Experience planning, organizing and implementing projects and programs to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to represent an organization in a professional manner with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead a team of professionals.
- Proven ability to apply innovative forward thinking to look for continuous improvements and increase value to the members and customers.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Risk Management
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Fast paced work environment.
- Frequent travel, within and outside of Alberta, will be required.