CPA - Senior Manager
Carr & Associates is a well-established partnership of professional corporations of Chartered Professional Accountants. Through its predecessor firms, Carr & Associates was founded more than 60 years ago in the beautiful Creston Valley.
We are a full service CPA firm with a wide range of experience and a client centered approach. We are committed to helping our clients plan for success. We encourage professional development at all levels and maintain high standards of practice in business, accounting, technology, environment and culture.
We are looking for a designated accountant to join our growing team who is ready to step up and thrive in a very busy practice, and balance that by taking advantage of living in a place that isn’t busy. We are looking for a highly skilled and community oriented individual who understands the distinct pleasure of working professionally in a close-knit community that is peaceful, beautiful and affordable. Creston is a fast growing and recognized gem in the Kootenays, and is excellent for raising a family, outdoor activity or a viable alternative away from hectic city life. Relocation consideration is possible as well as a potential leadership trajectory. It’s rare that quality of life and significant room to grow professionally come together like this and we are looking for someone willing to make a long term commitment.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive starting salary, paid group health benefits, paid parking and bonus opportunities.
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or tax consulting
- Knowledge of and experience working in Canadian Tax
- Demonstrated understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Quickbooks, Sage, Taxprep, Formmaster, CCH Document
- Strong computer literacy, problem solving and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Create and guide successful tax strategies for a wide variety of clients
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in taxation and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations
- Work with Canada Revenue Agency and provincial agencies as needed
- Professionally research and responsively communicate with team members and clients on personal or corporate tax queries or compliance and planning matters
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Assist in the management of the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Monitor project timelines effectively
- Engage and support continuous improvement on work processes
Core Values and Skills
- People skills are vital to our practice. Working in a smaller community means you will see your clients year round in overlapping environments.
- We are looking for a professional who is well-liked for being straight talking and making things understandable to the client.
- Integrity, confidentiality and unwavering ethics are a must.
- Strong service and work ethic.
- Good natured. This may seem old fashioned, but bringing a positive perspective to work, life, and in interactions makes the difference we seek.
- Our town is far from homogenous and impossible to stereotype. A working capacity, appreciation and respect for diversity is required.
- Excellent written communication skills – we are looking for clear, effective and professional writing in all our processes.
- Coaching and mentoring. The ideal candidate will be able to take coaching to improve performance against clear objectives, and equally mentor juniors to encourage and growth, retention and performance.
Carr & Associates offers a competitive wage package, and encourages maintaining a positive work/life balance. That said, tax season is tax season and flexibility with overburden will be required. Salary negotiable based on work experience and references are required.
Applicants may reply to this ad with a detailed resume and cover letter. If you want to call and ask a few questions before applying, please do. Our practice and community are built on relationships – if you’re reading this, let’s start talking!
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada