Manager of Finance
Lacombe County is seeking a highly motivated and experienced finance professional to join the Corporate Services team in the position of Manager of Finance. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Services, you will be responsible for overseeing the administration and operational functions of the finance department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide for the financial management of Lacombe County funds and oversee the financial program of subsidiary funds;
- Lead, manage and influence the finance department team. Provide direct supervision to 3 positions;
- Prepare and direct the completion of the annual operating and capital budgets in conjunction with senior management;
- Oversee and manage the establishment and set up of controls and processes;
- Develop action plans and coordinate processes for finance related initiatives in accordance with County goals and objectives;
- Manage the County’s long range financial plans and funding to sustain future programs and services.
Post-secondary education in Accounting, Business, Commerce or a related discipline. A professional accounting designation is preferred. A combination of other relevant education and experience may be considered. Must have a good working knowledge of local government financial management and relevant local government regulations.
8-10 years experience in a senior financial/supervisory role; municipal financial experience is preferred.
Proven record of leadership in a similar position and excellent communication abilities. Able to oversee staff, provide and manage change, and have effective time management skills.
Critical thinker, ability to analyze complex situations and recommend appropriate courses of action.
A strong fluency with all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite (especially with Microsoft Excel) and experience with municipal financial systems are a requirement.
We support a work-life balance and offer an excellent compensation package including a defined pension plan, a comprehensive group health and dental benefits packages, a health/wellness spending account, and professional development opportunities.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by 8:00am, August 13, 2018 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.