Senior Manager, Taxation
- EPCOR Careers
- Edmonton, AB
- Job Industry
- Utilities (Public & Private)
The Senior Manager, Taxation is accountable for the performance of EPCOR’s taxation function. This includes both ensuring accurate and timely preparation of the domestic and foreign income and other tax returns, tax provisional items for financial reporting purposes, tax-related responsibilities for business develop activities and the development and implementation of appropriate tax planning strategies.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Senior Manager, Taxation is accountable for but not limited to:
- Providing input to the Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting Group plans and directions.
- Ensuring business plans and deliverables of the team are aligned and integrated.
- Analyzing and identifying issues impacting operational performance and establishing initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that EPCOR’s taxation standards are developed, revised and implemented on a timely, proper and consistent basis across the company.
- Ensuring compliance with new and existing tax laws and regulations.
- Overseeing accounting for income taxes for EPCOR’s consolidated group of companies.
- Leading tax-related portions of business development projects.
- Overseeing the timely and accurate preparation and submission of all forms of tax filings, returns, remittances, payments or instalments.
- Developing and nurturing a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented organization that is easy to do business with.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Business, Finance or Accounting degree from a recognized post-secondary institution is required.
- An accredited accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, and CGA) is required.
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Course.
- 4+ years of managing tax professionals.
- 6+ years of experience preparing and reviewing Canadian and US corporate income tax returns.
- 3+ years of leading Canadian and US Tax-related business development activities and overseeing tax structuring.
- Demonstrated ability to apply relevant knowledge to ensure all submissions of Canadian and US tax filings are accurate.
As our best candidate, you are fully committed to the managerial components of your position, including coaching and developing direct reports, and providing timely performance feedback. You are an effective communicator, in both written and oral form. Your listening and coaching skills are exemplary, as well as your well-developed problem solving abilities.
In addition, you possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail. You take initiative and seek opportunities to contribute to the knowledge and success of your team. You also demonstrate a strong work ethic and critical thinking skills.
The position includes leading EPCOR’s US (and other foreign) tax functions. The successful candidate will complete/oversee US (and other foreign) tax compliance, business development planning and tax structuring and other US (and other foreign) tax-related issues. Travel will be required to EPCOR’s US (and other foreign) operations as part of this positions responsibilities.
Hours of work: 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
How to Apply:
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in a career with EPCOR. Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EPCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority.
Please note that all EPCOR positions are subject to a criminal records check.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada