Senior Pension Accountant
The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our exceptional plan member services and outstanding investment management, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we’re building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team and be part of our mission to secure, grow and deliver the pension promise to Alberta’s teachers.
We are seeking a Senior Pension Accountant to join our dynamic, team-oriented organization in Edmonton, Alberta. This is a two year fixed term contract with the potential of conversion to permanent.
The Senior Pension Accountant is a member of the Pension Finance Team which has a broad responsibility to collect and record all pension financial related transactions within the organization and ensure they are accurately and completely recorded in the organization’s accounting records. The Team is also responsible for executing Pension and Refund payments for our members along with all the related banking and regulatory remittances and reporting.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Pension Accountant is responsible for supporting Finance objectives primarily in the provision of trust receipts, pension and refund payments, pension plan tax administration, pension accounting and reporting functions to both internal and external stakeholders.
Strong attention to detail, ability to accurately follow all relevant legislations, policies and procedures, demonstrated abilities in system and problem solving, and high customer service focus are pertinent to this role.
- University degree or diploma in accounting and finance-related field accompanied by a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation would be an asset.
- Payroll designation (PCP or CPM) would be an asset.
- Canadian personal/corporate tax experience.
- Some payroll knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Results-oriented, highly effective and efficient to manage competing demands.
- Adapt quickly and comfortably to change.
- Preparation of issue reports.
- Experience testing system changes.
- Experience working in a pension or benefit environment would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of JDE would be an asset.
*This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Winner of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2018), ATRF is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits program and a collaborative working environment.
Complete details are available on our website at www.atrf.com.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.
ATRF thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.