Financial Controller/Senior Property Manager
- PBR&R Holdings Ltd
- Sherwood Park
- Negotiable - Flexible Hours & work location
- PBR&R Holdings LTd & PBHB Joint Venture
- Job Industry
- Other, Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing, Property Management
- Job Type
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER/SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER – PBR&R HOLDINGS LTD
The full time position is a mix of financial, property, lease and tenancy management which will be headquartered on site in Sherwood Park. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of managing 10 properties totaling 36 acres and 300,000 sq ft of leaseable space in 23 buildings and approximately 50-60 tenants throughout BC and Alberta. The leasable space is roughly equal between single tenant Heavy Industrial, light Industrial condo, and commercial space.
The candidate must possess a high degree of professionalism, integrity and competency in communicating with clients, tenants, subordinates, contractors and other professionals. Candidates must be self-motivated and flexible within our team-oriented approach to meeting goals and objectives and they must foster an environment built on trust, honesty and respect. Proven skills in financial management and in the performance of financial statements, asset management, A/R, A/P, Payroll, budgeting, forecasting are a must.
The candidate will be responsible for building revenue and controlling expenses, including managing service agreements and contracts. The candidate should have experience in property management, building operations, tenant relations, rent collection, operational recovery of expenses from tenants, year end adjustments and lease enforcement procedures or be willing to take additional training. Asset Management will include conduct and document annual building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner. We must always ensure that corporate governance and all environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are compliant.
We hope that you will find this opportunity interesting and exciting. From our experience there are always new daily challenges within the variety of properties we own to use our skills and to keep us busy and entertained. As our team work must work collaboratively to share the workload, it will be most important that there is a great fit between all of the senior management. I sincerely look forward to meeting the well rounded professionals that will augment our business competencies, work well with our team and help us advance our good corporate policies, procedures and philosophies.
DETAILS OF PROPERTIES AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Multiple Properties including Broadmoor Heritage Plaza in Sherwood Park (PBHB Joint Venture Head office) with 65,000 sq ft of commercial space, 6 single tenant Industrial properties with over 160,000 sq ft on 36 acres throughout BC and Alberta and another 70,000 sq ft of light Industrial Condo spaces in Richmond BC (local property manager.
The successful candidate will draw upon their experience in property management, building operations, tenant relations, budget control and capital project management to ensure the properties are managed in accordance with approved business plans and client expectations. The incumbent will possess a high degree of professionalism in communicating with clients, tenants, subordinates, contractors and other professionals.
- Develops annual property budgets, manages tenant receivables; anticipates not only operational issues but also short and long term owner/tenant needs.
- Fosters and develops excellent tenant/client/support staff and contractor relations; develops/implements tenant retention plan; manages tenant requests in a timely/professional manner.
- Motivates, empowers, coaches and ensures staff are trained to achieve job competency.
- Responsible for building revenue and controlling expenses, including preparing and operating within an approved budget; analyzing and approving time sensitive monthly financial statements; ensuring accuracy of tenant billings; and year-end adjustments.
- Contributes to the development of annual property plans and provides timely quarterly reports to clients.
- Conduct and document annual building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are compliant.
- Identifies issues that have potential to negatively impact the effectiveness of the business; researches and recommends possible solutions and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Education required is a University or College degree in a related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience in commercial property management including experience in leasing, building operations, construction and financial matters;
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, operation expenses and charges to tenants, rent collection and lease enforcement procedures.
- Detail oriented; proven ability to solve problems.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Must be self-motivated, professional and flexible.
- Experience with commercial/ industrial leases, service agreements and construction contracts.
- Proven organizational skills; deliver successful results in a positive way within agreed upon timeframes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out analysis of building data.
- A dedication to providing exceptional service, every day.
- A team-oriented approach to meeting goals and objectives.
- A willingness to easily digest constructive feedback, using it as a learning opportunity.
- The ability to perform with exceptional integrity, always striving to do the right thing and help to create an environment built on trust, honesty and respect.