Senior Financial Analyst
- Legal Aid Alberta
- Downtown Edmonton
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations, Professional, scientific and technical services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
About Legal Aid Alberta
Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting & Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst will work as a business partner to their clients to receive feedback on quality of service, discuss possible opportunities for improvement, and review progress on improvement initiatives within the finance department. The Senior Financial Analyst will also be responsible in either leading or supporting all accounting functions to complete the full accounting cycle.
- Develop and maintain an excellent business partner relationship with internal clients and auditors
- Prepare monthly financial statement variance, trend analysis, and any implications for forecasts and budgets
- Accountable for all aspects of capital asset record keeping and reporting
- Support the monthly financial reporting and forecasting processes
- Support the process for forecasting salaries and benefits
- Support the annual budget process
- Assist with cash management and cash forecasting
- Support financial reporting requests from external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective controls over the general ledger and financial reports
- Identify opportunities for improvement, set targets, and take actions to implement solutions
- Assist with projects as required
- month end journal entries, support to complete the month end financial process, and updating financial reports to ensure they are accurate and up to date
- monthly GST reporting
- support for external audits
- Capital asset transaction processing, amortization, and variance analysis
- Monthly capital asset reporting and updates to business units
- Prepare monthly variance and trend analysis (to last year, budget, etc)
- Responsible for cash management, cash forecasting, and the monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare annual reports such as worker’s compensation board report and Stats Canada
- Develop and maintain accurate budget and forecast templates and assist in preparing the annual budget and monthly forecast updates
- Prepare financial reports as required
Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Knowledge of Canadian GAAP
- Knowledge of financial systems and processes
- Minimum 3 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines, including exercising good business judgment as required
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, including attention to detail
- Experience with ERP systems, including MS Dynamics – Great Plains considered an asset
Why work for Legal Aid Alberta?
Besides being a part of something that will make you feel good and be proud of where you work, Legal Aid Alberta offers a competitive compensation package, above average benefits package and a great team of people to work with.
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the qualifications, please forward your resume to email@example.com referencing posting number LAA-18-38.
This competition will remain open until August 2, 2018. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.