- VGC Services
- Competitive, based on experience
- Job Industry
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Food Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Position: Financial Accountant
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: CFO
Purpose: Key member of Finance + Administration team, lead for full-cycle accounting services including reporting, analysis, processing, and control for several companies
- Completion of daily processing to ensure on-time and accurate month end financial reporting including variance and ratio analysis
- Provide HR, payroll and benefits processing support to business
- Prepare month end reconciliations and reports, including financial reporting
- Manage all tax reporting and payments, including sales, payroll and commodity taxes
- Lead the control of inventory, purchasing and costing processes to support operations
- Support the annual external financial statement and tax reporting process.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, working with departmental leaders
- Manage customer collections and accounts receivable to ensure strong cash flow.
- Become a super user on all accounting software, while monitoring data integrity and driving process improvements through the use of new technology.
- Identification of best practices, recommendation and implementation of improvements in internal controls financially and operationally.
- Post-secondary accounting degree, CPA certification
- Experience in full-cycle accounting, hands-on for daily, monthly, annual cycles.
- High level of attention to detail with aptitude for analyzing numbers
- Strong computer skills with focus on Excel. Experience with ERP software.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem solving, and solid judgment/decision making competencies, experience with management processes.
- Strong communication abilities, desire to make a difference!
- Can do” attitude, with desire to contribute in team environment of entrepreneurial companies