Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Support Units (SSU) Finance - Calgary or Edmonton
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Support Units Finance
SSU Business Finance supports different areas of the business in their strategic and operational financial management. The objective of SSU Business Finance is to work with our partners to ensure the long term financial performance and viability of the enterprise. SSU Finance is the place to be for high performance business advisors. We are loved and respected by our partners for being an integral part of their team and driving value and extraordinary results.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Support Units Business Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial support and advice to various areas of the business. The role resides within the Finance organization but is dedicated to supporting several Strategic Support Units. Our partners include Banking Operations, Finance, Treasury, Corporate Operations, People & Culture, Reputation & Brand, Risk, Internal Assurance, Head Office. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for delivering financial information as well as independent and objective support and advice to management.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
- Maintaining a high level of financial service by providing business advisory services through oversight and accuracy of financial information and management reports
- Comprehend the root cause of business results and provide insight to our business partners on the financial impacts of critical decisions
- Create healthy debate with business partners on critical decisions to help control costs and maintain the integrity of financial statements and ATB
- Prepare and / or maintain all budget and forecast models
- Challenge business partners’ assumptions and value drivers and present alternate assumptions
- Support business performance measurement through development and refinement of tools, processes and practices
- Provide financial analysis by identifying key drivers and KPI’s at the Business Unit level to enable effective communication with our partners that will support decision making and drive sustainable enterprise growth
- Ensure accounting standards and financial controls are met through adherence to IFRS, compliance with ATB Financial rules and policies and application of established internal/external controls as they apply to the financial operations of the business
- Support the SSU with projects, day-to-day financial needs and other responsibilities as required
- Work as a valuable member of the SSU Finance team to meet the needs of our partners and our deadlines collectively
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- University Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Accounting designation
- 5+ years of comparable experience
- Proven track record with a high performing team
- Strong financial modeling and analytical capabilities; deep, recognized expertise in analysing, interpreting and applying information about key operational drivers
- Critical thinker that can see the big picture and the why behind the numbers
- Continuous improvement and digital mindset - be willing to learn, dig in, look for ways to continually improve and automate
- Adaptable, agile, embraces change
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.
More search results
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre