Madagascar I Pro Bono Consultant @ award winning conservation organisation I 4-6 months I French Req
- French speaking MADAGASCAR, AFRICA
- Voluntary assignment, Flights, Accommodation
- Job Industry
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting, Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, Volunteer
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
Based in a country of staggering natural beauty and home to a unique collection of species found nowhere else in the world, our partner in Madagascar has pioneered an approach to managing ecological biodiversity whilst offering local people the opportunity to build sustainable livelihoods. They are seeking the support of an experienced accountant to help them develop policy changes and train local staff.
This award-winning marine conservation organisation are working to rebuild tropical fisheries with coastal communities. As a result of rapid expansion over the last few years, they are seeking an experienced Accountant (CPA or equivalent) to review and build their in-country operations.
You will be the first pro bono finance professional on placement at this organisation in Madagascar. The role is quite a broad one and will encompass finance, HR and operations. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the finance & HR processes, systems and policies in place across Madagascar. This would include consulting and collecting feedback on these from local staff and aligning feedback with the requirements of the central finance and operations function.
- Improving the control system, and implementing any process, system and policy changes
- Training the local staff on all areas including financial systems, process integrity, responsible accounting and risk management.
- Support grant proposal development, management and reporting as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain relevant experience in an international NGO, with the aim of transitioning into the sector.
To express your interest in this role or to explore other life changing volunteering opportunities with AfID click apply to visit the website.
More search results
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre