Whipcord is looking for a bright, proactive and self-motivated person to join our growing team as a Junior Accountant. This is a role with room for growth with an Alberta based IT infrastructure company focused on rapid growth. Based in Lethbridge, Alberta, the Junior Accountant will support the Corporate Controller with the financial management and accounting functions across all of our businesses.
Whipcord, an Alberta-based company, owns and operates a Tier 3 designed data centre in Lethbridge, and other facilities in Vancouver and Toronto. Since 2011, Whipcord has established itself as a national provider of IT services and we are proud of our supportive, loyal customer base. We currently have sales offices in Calgary and Vancouver and are heavily focused on growth.
We are a high-performance infrastructure company offering IT services that are fast and flexible within our four areas of specialization: Infrastructure as a Service (Cloud); Backup & Disaster Recovery as a Service Solutions; Colocation; and Network Connectivity. We are also building world class infrastructure solutions for the Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and blockchain industries as we strive to be on the leading edge of tomorrow’s digital world.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements
- Analyzing and reconciliation of bank statements, credit card and expense statements and general ledgers
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable, including performing credit reference checks, issuing and accepting payments on accounts, customer and vendor interactions, and cheque processing
- Supporting Sales and Operations through customer interactions, quote generation support and new customer financial onboarding
- Preparing, generating, and delivering customer invoices
- Administration of payroll and benefits programs
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Required and Desirable Skills:
- Post-secondary education specializing in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience with a sound understanding of bookkeeping
- Excellent organizational skills with a sustained capacity to work proactively in a high-paced and regularly evolving environment
- Knowledgeable in NetSuite / ERP System
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft programs (Word / Excel / Outlook / PowerPoint)
- Ability to work efficiently individually and in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
If you are looking to join a great team, please submit your resume via the form or email us at email@example.com.
We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting opportunity, however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre