INDONESIA | Volunteer Accountant@ NGO empowering rural communities | 2 months
- 2 Month voluntary assignment, Allowance, Visa
- Job Industry
- Education, Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting, Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
Based in scenic and cultural East Bali, our partner works to eliminate poverty and promote culturally sensitive, sustainable social and economic development in the impoverished rural communities. The organisation prioritises the health, nutrition and education of children.
To date their programmes have served over 12,000 families. Their work includes:
- school and life skills programmes
- youth empowerment
- community outreach health programmes focusing on maternal and child health
- water and sanitation provision to ensure safe water and toilet blocks for families
- sustainable agriculture – training local farmers to grow, maintain and harvest bamboo for sustainable social and economic development
As the first AfID volunteer on assignment at this organisation, your role will start with an assessment of their accounting & financial management systems, making and implementing recommendation. Our partner has 3 accounting members of staff however none of them have been professionally trained. Your role will include working with them to build their capacity especially around internal audit and developing financial procedures and controls.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain relevant experience in an international NGO, with the aim of transitioning into the sector.
To express your interest in this role or explore other volunteering opportunities in Africa, Asia or South America, please email your CV and cover letter to AfID and visit the Accounting for International Development website.