Analyst (Land & Housing)
- Dream Unlimited
- Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing, Property Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Dream Unlimited is looking for an Analyst, Land & Housing
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community. Dream’s Development Finance team is currently looking for an Analyst to support our Land & Housing teams in Calgary.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening at Dream, and it’s happening fast. Are you passionate, dedicated, and highly analytical? Do you love working with people? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
Over the 2+ years you’ve worked in financial planning & analysis you’ve proven that you are not afraid to think outside the box to find the best approach to achieve results. You are proactive, leading by example rather than sitting back. You consider the bigger picture when focusing on new initiatives and you thrive on driving improvement and efficiency.
Your understanding of the financial planning & analysis group and senior management’s needs are apparent through your clear written and verbal communication skills. You are comfortable conducting presentations and facilitating meetings, and it is important to us that you are team-oriented and that people like collaborating with you.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
• Have a pulse on where the business is going and obtain a detailed understanding of our land operations in order to be able to forecast, and explain the financial results of our business, and provide operational insights and recommendations on process or other operational improvements identified
• Prepare, analyze, provide and communicate relevant land operational project performance results in a coherent and effective manner
• Drive process improvements and maximize efficiency of the processes utilize
• Assist in the creation, maintenance and update of project job cost budgets
• Assist in the annual budgeting and on-going forecasting of project activities
• Maintain five year rolling Job Cost & Cash Forecast
• Tracking and monitoring internal and external job cost recoveries
• Monthly analysis of budget to actuals
• Attend regional land meeting and provide support as required
• Daily processing of project costs as it relates to Dream’s multiple land projects
• Execute the forecasting process for our land business through maintaining and improving financial forecast models for current and future real estate development projects and ensuring financial models reflect market realities as well as local and corporate expectations
• Month end processes/procedures including various reconciliations, cost allocations, cash flow and project analysis/reporting
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
• Your strong analytical and problem solving skills complement your excellent attention to detail
• Strong computer application skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with JD Edwards is considered an asset
• You have experience building budgets, costing, and pro forma building would be a plus
• You should have 2+ years of experience within the real estate industry, specifically in land or residential development;
• You have an undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
• Solid understanding of accounting is a must
• Your track record of being entrepreneurial, innovative and resilient constantly sets you apart
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Your communication and presentation skills are exceptional; and
• You deliver on commitments and are able manage multiple deliverables