Relationship Manager - Trainee
Our Personal and Commercial line of business is the retail and commercial banking arm of BMO Financial Group in Canada, serving individuals, small to medium-sized and mid-market businesses. We offer a wide variety of personal and commercial banking products and services and we serve our customers in person at our branches, through our ABM network, over the Internet and by phone.
- We are seeking applicants for a Relationship Manager Trainee Development program.
- The program will prepare you for the job by providing the skills necessary to deliver great customer experiences.
- Once on the job as a Commercial Account Manager, you will build and maintain customer relationships through networks, referrals and by providing excellent financial expertise and business solutions. This opportunity allows you to apply your sales and analytical skills to help customers achieve their financial and business goals.
You will also:
- Develop and maintain long-term profitable relationships and expand our share of wallet with a portfolio of commercial customers.
- Provide relationship management, and customized financial solutions.
- Leverage your local market knowledge to expand a portfolio and develop sales and referral opportunities for other partners at BMO Financial Group.
- Make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with bank guidelines and sound credit-granting principles.
BMO is committed to providing the technical training for the job. We are looking to invest in potential employees with the following attributes:
- Interest in commercial banking and helping customers.
- Affinity for sales and ability to build long-term profitable relationships.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Analytical thinking capabilities and the aptitude for development of a market strategy and plan.
- Ability and willingness to provide relevant financial solutions that meet the complex business needs of customers.
Education and Accreditation
- A post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Business Administration or Commerce and/or relevant work experience
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job - Commercial Banking
Primary Location - Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organisation - P&C Distribution-X000020
Schedule - Full-time