Director of Quality
We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
Crowe MacKay LLP is excited to grow our team and is currently seeking a meticulous Director of Quality to join our firm. We are a dynamic group working in a fast-paced environment, and are looking for someone who is career-focused, and excited to join a growth-oriented and entrepreneurial firm.
Reporting directly to the Professional Standards Officer and Chief Executive Officer, this position will provide comprehensive and consistent application and resolution of matters related to professional standards. Working closely with our Director, Training and Professional Development and Senior Associate, Professional Standards to drive the success of the firm, this individual will be an integral part of our continued growth and succession, and will play a key role in ensuring that we are meeting the needs of our organization as we transition into the future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure firm’s quality assurance and ethics culture continually improves in compliance with firm’s quality control policies and procedures;
- Maintain effective quality control policies and procedures;
- Ensure effectiveness of professional education and development activities;
- Ongoing assessment and communication of matters concerning quality control that is progressive in nature;
- Ensuring adequacy of firm policies and procedures in conjunction with developments in the profession;
- Serve as a technical resource on assurance and accounting matters;
- Review and make recommendations on significant unresolved differences of opinion and disputes related to professional standards;
- Liaising with regulatory and professional oversight bodies such as CPAB, PCAOB, CPA provincial institutes, securities regulators, etc. on an as-needed basis;
- Assist with the review and required updates to our engagement templates, checklists, letters and financial statement note library to ensure compliance with current and future assurance and accounting standards;
- Assist with matters related to compliance with our professional rules of conduct;
- Assist the firm’s Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer;
- Manage department resources and budgetary requirements;
- Liaising with Crowe Global on matters of compliance with International firm standards;
- Compliance monitoring to assess and confirm our adherence to professional standards and applicable regulatory and legal requirements;
- Assist with the development and implementation of the firm’s training programs;
- Develop training materials and present topics at internal continuing professional education sessions and annual internal professional conferences;
- Liaise with training personnel in each office;
- Oversee and maintain the effectiveness of our mentoring program for CFE candidates and mentors; and,
- Act as a mentor, directly and indirectly, to mentors and candidates in the CPA Program.
Skills & Requirements
- Canadian CPA designation is required, preferably a CA legacy designation holder;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting is preferred;
- 10+ years of Public Accounting experience;
- Experience in a Quality Control function considered an asset;
- Broad and deep understanding of Canadian auditing standards (ISA and US SAS considered an asset) and the following Canadian generally accepted accounting frameworks: IFRS, ASPE, ASNPO, PSAS (Canadian ASPP and US GAAP considered an asset);
- Knowledgeable about advanced and emerging audit approaches and methods;
- Willingness to develop a strong understanding of our Crowe Global audit methodology (CHIAT audit methodology) and practice aids;
- Proven knowledge of Canada’s Anti-Money Laundering legislation relevant to accountants and accounting firms;
- Must be able to deal with a high volume of work under very tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage upward;
- Proven ability to gauge when to hold resolute and when to be flexible;
- Ability to rapidly differentiate and prioritize tasks to ensure significant issues are addressed in a timely fashion;
- Ability to identify when a strong stand on an issue is necessary and when there is room for a different perspective;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications skill and work ethic; and,
- Willingness to travel as required to our offices across Northern and Western Canada.
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications and skills for this role and are excited about growing and evolving the Quality department, please submit your completed application inclusive of a cover letter, resume, and preferred salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Director of Quality.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. We will keep this ad posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of more than 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience, balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.