Eaton’s Power Systems Division is seeking an Accounting Manager to be based out of our Airdrie, AB Canada facility.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing proactive financial service to the plant management team through innovative planning, analysis, consulting and reporting while maintaining effective control in accordance with GAAP. Sarbanes-Oxley and Eaton corporate policy.
- Provides accurate and timely financial analysis and reports to aid in profitably managing the Airdrie Plant (Low Voltage Control Assemblies) business and makes recommendations to compensate for variances when detected.
- Develops, distributes and communicates Airdrie plant incentive goals, performance and results and maintains accurate and adequate reserves for incentives and agent commissions.
- Supervises the development and communication of internal budgets and assists in the preparation of strategic and profit plans for the Airdrie plant operations.
- Implements financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Eaton Financial policies, GAAP, local regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Provides accurate and timely account reconciliations.
- Trains local management on financial concepts to help them better understand the nature of the business.
- Evaluates Airdrie Plant capital spending requests and develops capital requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Manages the accurate and efficient processing of transactions to the accounting systems and ensures compliance with federal and provincial sales tax regulations.
- Actively participates in the coordination and execution of the annual physical inventory as well as cycle counting initiatives.
- This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all - encompassing list of duties.
- University Education from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting Accounting or Finance in a Manufacturing Environment
- Pursuing or in possession of professional designation
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (Complete or in process)
- Oracle Manufacturing/Financials Experience
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial laws and regulations regarding taxes
- CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA
- Prior plant controller experience
- ERP Systems experience
- Supply Chain Management experience MS Office Suit proficient. MS Excel advanced user level
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Collaborative communication style is a must
- Ability to work with others in remote locations
- Effective communication across distance
- Work environment is predominately office however plant visits and involvement are needed in order to gain a full understanding of the business
- Minimal travel (travel is mostly for inventory purposes)
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm