Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager
- Teck Resources Ltd
- Calgary, AB
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Reporting to the Controller, Energy, the Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely measurement of results and reporting for the Energy Business Unit. Among other things, this position will be responsible for compliance with financial accounting guidelines, providing timely and accurate financial information, ensuring compliance with internal controls and managing interim and year-end audits.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Contribute to the financial success of the Energy business unit by maintaining strong relationships with key members in the organization
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other regulatory requirements (i.e. tax, customs, etc.)
- Ensure accuracy of all Energy general ledgers
- Responsible for the financial statement close process, including the overall consolidation of Energy business unit results
- Manage the day to day function of the Energy Finance department, including consolidation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, re-bills, cash calls, tax, and general ledger management
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting and analysis of performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making
- Assist with the preparation of earnings releases, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and other management reporting requests
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls are in place and related SOX obligations are met
- Coordinate internal and external audit activities
- Manage partner relationships
- Manage the design, implementation and performance of the financial reporting system (Microsoft AX) and identify process improvements and efficiencies
- Supervise, develop and mentor a team of professional accounting staff
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA or CMA)
- Ten years of progressive experience in accounting or finance
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in Canada
- Excellent computer skills, particularly spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software
- Proven ability to prioritize, work under pressure with minimal guidance and meet tight deadlines
- Conversant with ERP systems
- Analytical, strategic planning and organizational abilities
- Advanced problem solving and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Previous experience with an audit firm is an asset
- Oil sands and/or mining industry experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.