- Alley Kat Brewing Company
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Alley Kat Brewing Company, founded in 1995, is Alberta’s fourth oldest craft brewery. Our many years of success have resulted in our ability to provide our customers with a high quality and consistent product and to provide our employees with a secure, stable working environment. As a leader in the craft brewing industry, our 25 employees all have a passion for craft beer. From producing to consuming, we take our beer seriously. An interest in beer, whether fledgling or advanced, is an integral part of working at Alley Kat. As a small business, Alley Kat needs good humoured, enthusiastic team players who fit in with the social and company dynamic. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, analytical accounting professional to join our management team as our Accounting Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for all aspects of financial analysis and reporting, purchasing, human resources and payroll for Alley Kat. You will support consistent, profitable growth through financial statement preparation and analysis, budgeting and forecasting. You will identify objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve short and long-term profitability, and you act as the Human Resource representative for the company. As a key team member in our small business, you will have the opportunity to work both strategically and through direct involvement in day to day business activities. This position is ideal for someone who wants to be involved in all aspects of our company.
The core duties of this role include:
- Accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results and the planning, coordination and execution of external year-end financial statement review
- Financial analysis including forecasting, variance reporting and cash flow planning, capital asset tracking and inventory management including cost of goods analysis and updates
- Preparation of budgets, monitoring performance, and recommending action plans to close any gaps to budget
- Human resource management including onboarding, terminations, training, in-house payroll, government filings, grant applications and reporting, and maintaining knowledge of applicable regulations and statutory legislation
- Oversight of purchasing activities including approval of purchase orders, supervision of inventory stock levels, forecasting purchasing requirements, maintaining ongoing relationships with vendors and investigating and resolving inventory discrepancies
- Registration of new products, assisting with product pricing determinations, submitting price change requests and liaising with AGLC when necessary
- Maintenance of internal control measures, ensuring adherence to company policies and oversight of general ledger accuracy and integrity
- Management of all aspects relating to: insurance, leases, banking/loans, government reporting
- Leading department of one employee who has responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, payroll and purchasing.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting, accounting designation preferred
- 3+ years’ financial management and analysis experience
- Payroll, human resources and/or purchasing experience is considered an asset
- Advanced spreadsheet building and manipulation skills
- Strong financial and data analysis capability and able to clearly identify problems and provide recommendations for solutions
- Exceptionally detail oriented with superior organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with employees as an HR representative and with external stakeholders
- Did we mention "must love craft beer"?
Alley Kat offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package to commensurate with experience.
Email a résumé with cover letter to email@example.com with “Application – Accounting Manager” in the subject field. You will only be contacted if an interview is requested.