Senior Internal Auditor
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P., based in Houston, TX and the parent company of Plains Midstream Canada, has a Senior Internal Auditor opening in the Calgary, AB headquarters. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing operational, financial, and compliance audits of the Partnership’s operations. This hands-on position requires a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and analytical skills. Travel to field locations is estimated to be 10 to 15 percent.
- Lead engagements, participate in engagement planning, create and execute the work program, monitor team members/work assignments, and interview process owners throughout the organization;
- Understand business processes, risks and controls and evaluate controls and/or audit procedures to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Plan, coordinate, and execute audit programs and procedures to effectively address risks, controls, and governance;
- Supervise staff assignments, review work papers, maintain and communicate audit status and results to Internal Audit management;
- Monitor and perform audit engagement administration, execution and wrap-up in accordance with established guidance; and
- Draft audit reports and communicate results to the appropriate parties, which may include executives and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
- 4-5 combined years of experience performing and leading internal audit or risk consulting engagements, preferably in the oil and gas industry or with a concentration on oil and gas clients while working for a major public accounting or risk consulting firm’s internal audit practice;
- Ideal candidate will possess a blend of operational, financial and compliance audit experience;
- Possession or pursuit of relevant accounting/audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CIA, CA, CMA or CGA) would be considered an asset;
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel and working knowledge of MS Visio. Proficiency with data analytics and related tools (e.g. ACL/IDEA) is desirable.
- Exceptional communication, organization and facilitation skills with the ability to build strong, positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent communication and coaching skills; and
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to September 14, 2018, to:
Plains Midstream Canada
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 1400, 607 – 8th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 0A7
Confidential Fax: (403) 261-7412
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.