Internal Audit Analyst
- Wheaton Group
- Downtown Edmonton
- Commensurate with experience
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
- Post-secondary degree in accounting
- Enrollment in CPA program (experience verification route)
- Advanced Excel and Data Analytics courses an asset
Experience and preferred skills
- 1 – 2 years relevant post degree experience
- Strong data analysis skills (Excel, Tableau, etc.)
- Creative, innovative, business savvy
- Team player with ability to balance multiple priorities and demonstrate accountability
- Excellent communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of analytics, internal auditing, control standards and internal consulting skills
The Internal Audit Analyst is responsible for the performance of audit testing and preparation of analytics for various key performance metrics over multiple business entities, as determined by the Chief Internal Auditor.
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to the Shareholders and Board of Directors through the Chief Internal Auditor.
Responsibilities of the Internal Audit Analyst are to participate in the planning, execution, and reporting of each assigned audit engagement as directed. The scope of the audits performed are generally classified into compliance, operational, financial, or governance in conjunction with the annual Internal Audit Plan for each business entity. An accounting secondment to another department is available to supplement CPA experience if required.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to designated staff as directed by Management
- Ensure audit work is performed and documented in alignment with Internal Audit operational guidelines, corporate policy and professional standards
- Prepare audit working papers, analysis, and reports as required. Present initial findings and recommendations to internal colleagues, and to management as a part of the engagement team.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Preparation of audit management tools and internal KPI’s as requested by Managment
- Ad-hoc assignments as requested by Management