Analyst/Specialist, Investment Analysis
The purpose of the analyst/specialist investment analysis is to lead a capital funding portfolio through all stages of the capital budgeting process (initial planning and analysis, business case development, management of the capital governance process, and reporting on the financial performance of completed funded projects). The analyst/specialist will be a results oriented individual who will deliver on assigned tasks and be a proactive partner with the business
- Contribute to the development of a quality investment analysis team at CP;
- Quarterly and annual capital reporting requirements;
- Conduct post audits of completed capital investment projects;
- Proactively progress the development and execution of capital funding business cases;
- Efficiently progress capital funding requests through the capital governance process.
- An undergraduate degree in finance;
- Professional designation or advanced degree preferred (CFA, MBA) (specialist level);
- 0-3 years’ work experience (analyst), 3-5 years’ work experience (specialist);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Strong Excel financial modelling skills;
- A commitment to continuous learning;
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate finance, valuation, and capital budgeting concepts;
- Understanding of financial concepts such as IRR and NPV;
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and time management skills;
- Passion for producing high quality work;
- The ability to be persuasive and to drive results.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").