Public Accounting experience, meet your opportunity to shine in a meaningful career assisting successful private enterprise clients.
As Collins Barrow Bow Valley LLP grows, we are augmenting our management team in our Canmore location. This position starts in fall and is ideally suited for a professional CPA who:
- has prior management experience in a public practice firm, preferably specializing in private enterprise;
- is enthusiastic about sharing their client service skills with our dynamic client base;
- is dedicated to assisting with the technical development of our more junior employees and the team in general;
- and is committed to an inspired life in the Bow Valley.
We have established roots in the local community and are locally owned and managed. We are a group of approximately 45 staff and partners across three office locations who enjoy working together in a positive, fun and supportive work environment, and who love supporting our mountain communities as much as our clients do. We have been providing public accounting, tax and entrepreneurial support services to the Bow Valley’s mid-market business clients, shareholders and families for over thirty years. We are passionate about the clients we serve, our positive corporate culture, and the quality of our services, so we put significant effort into providing the right resources to support the career growth of our valued staff. The Bow Valley has a very diverse business community which provides us with interesting work in all aspects of accounting, taxation, audit and business consulting in varied industry sectors.
We offer our people:
- career growth opportunities; to partnership for the right candidate;
- the autonomy to build their own work schedule with no core hour requirement, and added flex time in the summer;
- no mandatory overtime requirement;
- competitive compensation package including group extended health care benefits, life and disability insurance, employee assistance program, and health trust fund;
- Continuing Professional Development to maintain your designation as well as numerous in-house courses, informal training and development opportunities;
- the enjoyment of working on a team of professionals who value each other’s expertise, developing their colleagues, and maintaining a positive and informal work environment, while providing high-quality tax and accounting services to our clients.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
As a Manager in our tax focused firm, your primary duties will include all aspects of planning and supervising our compilation and tax preparation engagements with some responsibilities overseeing assurance engagements.
With opportunities to expand your proven expertise to Senior Manager, or grow to Partnership you will utilize your skills in:
- Building and maintaining mentorship relations, developing and training junior staff’s technical and client service skills;
- Understanding client’s business, key performance drivers in their industry, emerging business trends, identifying, resolving and forecasting complex accounting and tax issues;
- Adding value for our existing clients on engagements and their business in general;
- Creating time efficiencies and managing multiple deadlines;
- Identifying and resolving complex and routine tax and accounting issues;
- Contributing to being a leader in the maintenance of our positive team dynamic with all levels of staff and management.
A successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1-4 years post CA/CGA/CPA experience in Canada, with at least one year of recent Public Practice experience.
- Sound technical knowledge of corporate and personal taxation compliance and reporting;
- Experience and interest in keeping up to date with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise;
- Effective and constructive communication skills, with experience coaching and supervising others;
- A passion for the Bow Valley and interest in long-term growth of our firm;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of Caseware;
- A dedication to client service;
- Excellent organizational skills.
If you are interested in showcasing your management skills in our unique, team oriented workplace, please email a PDF of your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations, and your connection to the Bow Valley to:
Human Resources Manager