FINANCIAL REPORTING OFFICER
ST. PAUL EDUCATION REGIONAL DIVISION NO. 1
JOB DESCRIPTION - FINANCIAL REPORTING OFFICER
REPORTS TO: Secretary-Treasurer
The Financial Reporting Officer will provide support in finance, business services and human resources.
Duties include grant monitoring and reporting, monthly program invoicing, school fee administration, budgeting and other finance and business related functions.
The position may also have duties related to Human Resource management.
This position must demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent time management is required as critical deadlines must be observed.
The position requires the utmost confidentiality and discretion.
- monitor and reconcile Alberta Education grants
- assist with Alberta Education monthly and annual reporting
- monthly budget reporting and monitoring
- prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end variance analysis
- GST claims and compliance
- scholarship monitoring and reporting
- Statistics Canada reporting
- review payroll for compliance
- support budget development
- record and reconcile revenues
- manage IMR schedules
- cash flow monitoring
- bank deposits
- cash receipts backup
- monitor accounts receivable
- assist with grant applications and reporting
- assist and advise SPERD staff on financial policies and procedures
- build and design financial reports as required
- assist with chart of accounts maintenance
- online payments and forms implementation
- assist with occupational health and safety documentation
- create, update and maintain job descriptions
- other financial and human resource functions as may be required
- post secondary degree in administration, commerce or related discipline
- completion of or enrollment in a professional accounting designation
- knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
- analytical and research skills with a high attention to detail
- skilled communicator (verbal and written) who is comfortable interacting with various stakeholders
- ability to organize and self-prioritize
- excellent Excel knowledge
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with training and experience
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Secretary-Treasurer in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
The position is full-time; however consideration may be given to a modified work week.
Preferred candidates will have post-secondary training in business administration, finance or accounting and have, or be working towards, a professional accounting designation.
Additional information is available on the St. Paul Education website.
Applicants are invited to email their résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Résumés accepted no later than noon September 20, 2018.
*Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Updated: August 27, 2018