Richer Currie LLP is a well-established firm located in Grande Prairie, Alberta. We service clients in the oil and gas, agriculture, transportation, retail and investment sectors, ranging from owner-managed businesses to large corporations and high net worth individuals
Our firm consists of two partners as well as senior staff and staff accountants, committed to providing superior and personalized service to our clients in a paperless environment. We encourage professional development at all levels aspire to maintain the highest standards of practice.
We are seeking a CPA to join our firm as a senior accountant with the opportunity for advancement for the ideal candidate. If you are that person, you will be responsible for all aspects of Notice to Reader and Review engagements from planning to completion and/or review. You will be responsible for training and mentoring junior staff and will work closely with other staff and the partners.
Duties will include:
- Planning and executing audit and review engagement for businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
- Supervising junior staff and reviewing their work as required
- Preparing Notice to Reader financial statements for small business clients
- Preparing individual and corporate tax returns
- Communicating with staff, clients and CRA on personal and corporate tax matters and queries
Qualifications will include:
- CPA designation
- 5-7 years experience since entering the CPA or legacy program
- Good interpersonal skills when communicating with clients both in person and in writing
- Good organization skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Knowledge and experience in personal and corporate taxation
- Computer software knowledge in Caseware, Taxprep, Quickbooks, Sage and Microsoft Office.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.