Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is a growth-oriented North American power producer headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The company develops, acquires, operates and optimizes power generation from a variety of energy sources.
Capital Power owns approximately 4,500 megawatts of power generation capacity at 24 facilities and is pursuing contracted generation capacity throughout North America.
One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Budgets & Forecasting team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Budget & Forecasts, the Budget & Forecasts Manager is responsible for the preparation of the annual budget, targets, quarterly forecasts and supporting the development of the long-term plan. This includes ensuring accuracy of the consolidated budget statements and other supplementary information.
Key accountabilities include:
- Executes on the delivery of budgets, forecasts and long term corporate projections for decisions on managing near term financial performance and company strategic growth and development opportunities.
- Provides analytics for management and cross functional teams including preparing presentation materials for internal and external meetings and presentations to stakeholders.
- Participates in the implementation of new budgeting process/polices/procedures and building new Hyperion interfaces. Integrating new assets or legal entities into the models which may include new accounting policies.
- Provides input into Hyperion Planning (HP) and Hyperion Strategic Finance (HSF) system improvements and makes recommendations on maintenance and optimization.
- Provides recommendations for budget and forecasting trends and best practices and encourages innovation and continuous improvements; acts as a thought leader in the area of budgeting, forecast and financial analysis.
- Maintains system controls, defines processes and procedures and ensures completion of audits and ongoing detailed reviews to ensure accuracy of budgets and forecasts and reasonableness of model inputs and assumptions.
- Ensures good process documentation, implementing strong controls; performs sensitivity analysis and reasonability checks; ensures peer reviews are conducted across the team and internal cross functional subject matter experts. Analyzes actual to budget variances to isolate forecast error.
- Maintains strong collaborative relationships across all Capital Power departments where interaction with Budget & Forecast and Long-Term Plan is required.
- Provides mentorship to direct report and equivalent levels across the organization.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA).
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience post designation in financial reporting or budgeting and planning.
- Working knowledge of Capital Power operations and financial statement preparation.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiar with Oracle GL and Hyperion Planning.
- Ability to provide UAT and technical support for Hyperion.
- Typical Office Position. Minimal travel required.
To apply on this job, please go to www.capitalpowerjobs.com and look for posting IRC6461